View Single Post
Old
06-30-2011, 03:30 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldthorpe View Post
Timmins is always in love with all his picks. And anyway, he was wrong: McDo turned pro, and the offense never came. He now has made it the NHL (which is always good), it's certainly not on his strong two-way plays. Of the four players we drafted in 2007 year and how made it, McDo would come up 3th or 4th, depending how much you evaluate Weber, while being the highest drafted.
True. He's always in love with his picks when he does them. But the guy isn't stupid, when he sees that somebody is not going to pan out, he's not going to love them anymore....I surely hope that he doesn't love Fischer at this point. True that he envisioned himself as a Chris Chelios. So, I also believe that his offensive side of his game will never materialize, but he's going to be a SOLID defensive d-man with a great transition game. Emelin and McDo might actually share the same career with Emelin being more vicious while McDo might have better defensive instincts. So we drool about having Emelin here....so I would expect us drooling about still having McDo as well.