View Single Post
Old
06-30-2011, 02:32 PM
Papa_Bear_21

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Well I'd have a harder time believing that this new team just acquired a great offensive centerman when a team like the Rangers who were not stacked at the center position, wanted to get rid of him absolutely and were eager enough to do it by acquiring a good prospect d-man (some say that he was a question mark), a guy that could most likely never come back in NA and a washed up winger....I believe those players are able to recognize what a guy has done, what he does and can do in the future. So you say this about Koivu, and you are probably right. He was not seen as a #1 centerman....but I'd REALLY like to know how many players saw and see Gomez as #1 centerman as well....
The Flyers just traded Jeff Carter for a good, but not elite, prospect and a very good first rounder. Jeff Carter has scored 30 or more goals 3 times and scored 29 once.
Reports say that Philly has been looking to trade him since February. Reports also say that they (Flyers management) no longer thought they could win a Cup with him. Does that mean Jeff Carter is all of a sudden not a good player?

And referring to the players the Rangers got back in the trade, I don't it's fair to describe them as such in this post, and then hate on the Canadiens for making such a bad deal, in another. Can't really have it both ways.