View Single Post
Old
06-30-2011, 08:24 PM
pavelich

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SML View Post
I really like Callahan, but I will not let my emotions cloud my reason. He is not a first line player. We cannot pay him like one. If some team comes in and wants to overpay him, I would cut ties with him in a second. It sucks, but it's the reality of the game now. Getting value for your cap space is almost more important than getting production on the ice. We just saw what happens when you pay a guy for qualities like "leadership". Eventually you wind up paying for only that. Callahan plays a reckless style physically. I don't think he's going to be a guy who plays at this level late into his thirties. I can accept paying him a little too much, but a I cannot accept paying him for too long. I think he's going to go the way of Adam Graves, who left it all on the ice, but ran out of "it" early. I don't want to see him getting one of these ridiculous 10 year deals. And for the love of God, can we please make it tail off at the end the way everyone else does instead of these assinine deals where the guy makes the same outrageous salary from beginning to end?
Excellent post

but here's hoping the going the way of Adam Graves includes a 50-goal season and a Cup.

pavelich is offline   Reply With Quote