View Single Post
Old
07-01-2011, 11:01 AM
FrankMTL

vCash: 500
As mentionned, that's an overpayment for Wiz...If he would have signed at that amount for say..3 years, it wouldn't be so bad. Those who are saying that they would have signed him at that amount, I don't know what you're smoking. The NHL's current collective bargaining agreement comes to an end in about a year I think. Who know's what going to happen after that. Also, you have to look into the future...this years free agent crop sucks, but what if a big name becomes available a year from now or 2 years from now, and we can't offer a competitive to a highly sought after player because we have Wiz signed to a 6 year deal worth 33 million..Most of us would be up in arms.

I have no problem paying that amount to a proven commodity, but come on. Wisniewski was good for us last year, but he bounced around to 4 teams in the last 4years, that can't be a good sign. Also, he's never had success like this before. How pissed would we be if he scored 30 points next year while being below average on defence. We'd be paying 5.5 million for 6 years for a number 4-5 dman.

Columbus might be kicking themselves for a while.

FrankMTL is offline   Reply With Quote