View Single Post
Old
10-19-2003, 07:09 PM
Oi'll say!
Alberta's Team

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#1
Seeing Bergeron alot in the surprises so far. Am I the only one who expected him to play very very well? The talent and confidence was visible last year, even in his very short look.

Person who has surprised me is Torres, but I'm not sure he can keep up the consistent performance, just because of the kind of player he is.
I've been one of Bergie's biggest supporters going back before he even got his first call-up but even I never thought that he'd be this solid on a shift by shift basis.

Last season he looked a bit slow on a number of occasions but he seems to have gained a step, and he has been going head to head with the Iggys and Afinogenovs of the league and winning the battles.

For a 23 year old (6 days ago) rookie defenseman who wasn't even drafted that's some pretty crazy stuff.

Just two weeks ago he was still in the hunt for that last spot with Mikko Luoma and Bobby Allen, and nobody would have expected him to be in the lineup at Semi's expense.

Soon the bloom will be off the rose and people will bemoan every mistake that he makes like they do with Brewer, but for now we're all just happy that he's at the stage where he is. The final product looks very promising and the kid is off to a heckuva good start.