Old
10-19-2003, 08:33 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Quote:
Originally Posted by FacelessButcher
I think Peca could play third line in the absence of Scatchard he is a selke winner after all and they have some pretty talented players that can play d and a little offense so he should still pot a reasonable point total+extra time on pk(because Scatch is gone and we know Comrie can't play there)

I like the trade I proposed before(I think Scatch+2nd is expecting too much)-

To EDM:
Scatchard
Hunter(not sure if he can make the bigs but steady improvement in the AHL and could be fairly good if he does, skating is his weakness but he's been taking power skating classes)

To NYI:
Comrie

it adds a ton of size and when Niinimaki or Pouliot make the jump to the big leagues we can change Smith back to Lw and when the second gets here trade Reasoner and move Scatch down to third.

Moreau-Scatchard-Hunter would make a big and incredibly nasty third line with a lot of grit
Of coarse Peca can play third line minutes - but he can score with Comrie at this point in their careers - and it is folly to think that Peca will be playing third line minutes this year. He matches up against the other teams best players like a third liner would, but he takes up the Powerplay time of a second liner.