View Single Post
Old
07-01-2011, 05:49 PM
saywut

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
Not really up on Belanger as a player, but what are these questionable character flaws that Belanger have? I've heard people say he wears his welcome out pretty fast.
In LA I believe he complained publicly about his role(you'd have to ask a Kings fan). He also did this in the 09 offseason with the Wild, with a new regime and the addition of Kyle Brodziak. After the 09-10 season, our GM made remarks that our locker room needed stronger character, believed to be a shot at Belanger, a player he traded at the deadline. Signing John Madden that off-season only made it clearer that Belanger was a problem in our locker room(we did have an unstable rookie head coach though, and these issues did not seem apparent under Jacques Lemaire his first 2 seasons). He's also made questionable remarks in interviews at times. The contract/no contract issue with Washington last year is also an eyebrow raiser.

On the ice though, he's solid. I'd take him over our current 3rd line center Matt Cullen, who's making twice as much.

saywut is offline   Reply With Quote