View Single Post
Old
10-19-2003, 08:40 PM
Darth Milbury

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by M00se
I need to beat the dead horse more...

The only reason I'm proposing this is I'm wondering what NYI fans would think of it.

Comrie for Scatchard

Scatch is one of my favorite players outside of the Oilers and I'd love to see him in oiler silk. I was thinking that Comrie could play with Yashin. Didn't Yashin play his best hockey last year when he was on the wing? Anyway, I don't do proposals very often so let me have it.

Scatchard hurt his shoulder last night. He is scheduled for an MRI tommorow morning.

As for Yashin, did not play wing at all last year. He had that 10 or 11 game streak when he was at center. As far as I can tell, he has never played wing in his career. His line is going well now, and management is unlikely to monkey with it. Czerkawski will eventually crash-and-burn, of course, but Weinhandl will be moved in to take the slack.

In the meantime. the Isles have no need for another center. They could use a big strong winger who can score, or a physical guy on the blueline. But, the Oil don't have either to trade, and the Isles don't want to move Scatchard anyway.

Bottom line: There is no real chance of this happening.