View Single Post
Old
10-19-2003, 09:48 PM
Asiaoil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oi'll say!
I think the popular sentiment is that Fla just got Van Ryn last season and they're not likely to give him up just yet.

I'd take Van Ryn over Mezei in a heartbeat.

I also prefer for the trade to be done without Rita being involved. Add whomever else you want from the farm, but keep Jani out of it.
The only way you include Rita with Comrie is if you are going after a young player who is has real potential to be a top pair dman or a bigger top line center. Somebody like Ruutu, Pitkanen or Legwand fit the bill for me - but you need patience and a desperate GM to pull this kind of trade off though and even then its unlikely.

Most of the guys mentioned in Comrie trades are pretty uninteresting as they won't make the team dramatically better - Van Ryn, Merzei, Weiss, Savard etc etc etc yawn yawn yawn. Maybe Stefan could be useful - but that's the best of the "realistic" trades rumored recently.

I don't know though - Blackburn for Comrie straight up still sounds like a fair deal for me. We get a potential top 5 goalie and NYR get a young center to play with Holik next year (Lindros, Mess and maybe even Nedved are all probably gone next year).