View Single Post
Old
10-19-2003, 09:51 PM
Mizral

vCash: 500
A couple from a Vancouver point of view:

#1 - Bryan Allen, RJ Umberger & Mats Lindgren for JP Dumont (would you believe?) and Dan Paille.

I didn't think this through 100% value wise, but at first glance, my Canucks might be getting a *touch* ripped, but I'll just go through this anyways.

Dumont provides right side scoring (possibly with the Sedins?). Paille gives us a left winger besides Fedor Fedorov in the system. I really like Paille, personally, I think he should be a decent player someday.

Allen gives you guys a very, very tough defenseman. At 6'5, 220, he's a big boy and has a lot of talent. We have a hell of a numbers game out here defensivly, so it's been tough for him here. I think he'd work out well in Buffalo.

RJ needs to be signed. I think he'd love playing in Buffalo, near his hometown on Pittsburgh.

Lindgren provides some veteran leadership & penalty killing at low, low prices.

#2 - Bryan Allen & ??? for Jay McKee

Canucks get older & wiser, which is what we need right now, I feel. The Canucks, essentially, get an older version of Allen (maybe not as good? Who knows), that could *really* help us get further into the playoffs, I feel. The ??? I'm not sure of, a prospect maybe?

#3 - Brent Sopel, the Canucks 1st round pick in '04, and RJ Umberger for Alexei Zhitnik and Buffalo's 1st rounder in '04

Just a passing thought