View Single Post
Old
07-01-2011, 10:33 PM
Connecticut

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiCKNESS View Post
GMMG has made some bad moves imo.
Ballard Deal, Malhotra is slightly over paid(Worth 1.75-2.25), Sturm is not even close to worth 2.25M, Too big a term for Luongo, Even if he got 2-3 years less it'd be fine....

Everyone thinks he's the best GM, but he isnt THAT great, he's made some bad moves and some good moves..
I don't think all Gillis' moves have turned out great, but I appreciate having a GM that has a plan and tries to execute it. I'm very curious to see whether we'll have a legit top-6 winger on the roster by training camp. On the whole Gillis has done a fantastic job with the organization, and I think he has a long term plan that will see us continue to improve. Fans have every right to second guess his moves, but I think more often than not it turns out he's a lot smarter than they are.

I don't buy for a second that Malhotra's not worth 2.5M -- you'd have to be blind not to see the effect he's had on the team in the dressing room and what he's enabled the team to do on the ice. The bottom line is that if you're only willing to give Malhotra 1.75-2.25M, he's playing for another team. Take a look at the UFAs around the league that have signed in the past two years and try to find 3 that are a better all around value than Malhotra at 2.5M. Just because people don't "think" he's worth 2.5M doesn't mean that he's not. He absolutely is. Gillis may have misfired here and there, but Malhotra is a terrible example.

Connecticut is offline   Reply With Quote