View Single Post
Old
07-02-2011, 01:28 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
i should have included washington as well...

complete steal in the trade, and Hamrlik/Ward, even if at a premium price, fits their needs quite well. Only issue is that they are just about out of wiggle room and still have two important RFA's to sign in Brouwer/Alzner... so they'll be moving someone out.

halpern is a great depth player at that price as well.

With Florida, as much as I dislike most of the moves Tallon's made, the fact that he had so much roster space to fill and so much money he needed to spend, even with so many questionable moves he's still 17M$ under the cap...

his roster now has 6 quality top-9 players up front, and 3-4 solid top-5 dmen, the bulk of which he assembled today, and remarkably, at least on paper, they have pretty good balance...

Booth*- Fleishman- Bergenheim
Weiss*- Kopecky- Goc
Upshall- Versteeg- Repik*

Campbell- Jovo
Kulikov- Weaver/Ellerby

add a top-3 fwd and a top-pairing dman to that group (which they could easily afford and still have 4-5M in cap space), and that's a deep/dangerous team

the "skeleton" of a very good team just missing 2-3 star players to propel it into upper-tier contention (of course obtaining those types of player is incredibly tough, but that's another issue unrelated to today's moves)
You're missing Santorelli who will likely be the 2nd line centre (6', 200 LBS, 21 goals and 41 points last year). Goc will also probably centre the 3rd line.

I think you're looking at a line-up like;

Booth - Weiss - Versteeg
Flash - Santorelli - Upshall/Dadonov
Kopecky - Goc - Bergenheim/Upshall
Bergenheim/Dadonov - Matthias - Skille/Repik

One Man Rock Band is online now   Reply With Quote