View Single Post
Old
07-02-2011, 11:00 AM
nuck
Axis of Evil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter Doakes View Post
Just cant see Burke doing nothing, but I wouldnt say that we need huge upgrades in our bottome six. The biggest holes we had, coming into the draft, was a top centre for the Kessel line and a PMD. We filled one of those holes, but as many of us have beem alduding to, the centre spot is a much more difficult position to fill.

I would be OK with Connolly, but not at a long term deal with a hefty cap hit.
I wonder who is left that is better than Brent for that? I think they expected to add someone and didn't get their guy. No to Konopka. Touch and a great faceo off guy but he really can't play. If they didn't already have Brown then maybe, but they can't go with an all-hammerhead fourth line or they will get burned by the complete lack of puck handling.

I am not sure what is too much money or too much term for Connolly. I would have thought 2 years at around 3 million per until yesterday, Now more like 3 years at a bit over 4 million. Keeping in mind they have few other options to spend their coun I guess 3 years at under $4.5per would work for me. Bottom line is they can't roll out their existing group agfain hoping the kids atre suddenly going to break out or Bozak rebounds. Possible but too risky. As long as they can get away without a n/t what is the risk of such a signing compared to the the loss of premium assets in a trade, if that is even doable?

nuck is offline   Reply With Quote