View Single Post
Old
07-02-2011, 11:41 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

vCash: 500
Not sure whether this belongs in the Rupp or the Feds thread, but I'm here and haven't posted in this thread yet, so I'll post it here.

People who are complaining that "why did you sign Rupp if you were going to re-sign Feds?" or "we just got Rupp for 3 years, why are we giving another roster spot to Feds?" I think for the most part are looking at this the wrong way.

Rupp is the guy signed long-term. They've got him penciled into the lineup for the next three years in a specific spot filling a specific role. Feds was signed for one year to be the jack-of-all trades, fill-in, rover, what-ever-the-hell-you-want-to-call-it. Feds is the teams insurance all throughout the forward lines. Much like a good utility guy in baseball who plays 4 games a week, alternately spelling the 2B, SS, 3B and an OF. And if someone should get hurt or flame out, he's perfectly capable to take on a full-time role for as little as 10 games or a full season, as required.

Bringing Feds in on a one year deal makes a TON of sense. In fact, you want to bring a guy in like this every year, if you can. Does no one remember the Black Aces from the Cup year?

BrooklynRangersFan is online now   Reply With Quote