Thread: Tom Renney
View Single Post
Old
09-10-2005, 11:37 AM
HAPPY HOUR

vCash: 500
Put a guy who for all intents and purposes has been an absolute bust on the first line with Jagr??? Why??? Just because he is a first round pick?? Did any of you guys go to any Wolfpack games last season?? Of the 9 or 10 that I went to, Jaime was: pushed off the puck way to easy, went wide on almost everytime he carried the puck over the blueline (only to be taken into the boards and off the puck). He has a decent wrist shot, and a good shot off the pass but does not put himself into areas where those abilities will help him. He skates well, but he does not skate powerfully.Obviously he is not nor will ever be a power-type forward, he does not go to the places you need to go on the ice to be a "goal scorer", his passing skills and face-off ability IMO are below average, IF you plug him in at center. I remember listening to a Wolfpack game in late November, and the announcers, completly befuddled my Jaimes lack of production speculating, that Lundmark seems to play better on the fourth line (with grinders like Hollweg, Murray, and Weller, than he does under the PRESSURE of first line duties. I would love nothing more than to see Jaime come out and kick *** in training camp, but after closely watching his game last season, the idea of J Lundmark on the first line makes me want too puke....My one pro -Lundmark comment is similar to the pro-Poti posts. With the new rules, maybe Jaime can use his speed to open up some scoring chances of the wing, but I actually at this time am more optimistic about Poti than I am about Lundmark.