View Single Post
Old
07-02-2011, 01:17 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
I'm saying that IF that is his modus operandi, then until very recently, he hasn't even done a good job of doing that. Yes, he is cognizant of the fact that he has a lot of money to spend, but he went out and signed players that made no sense. If you know hockey at all, and I mean the actual game, what actually happens on the ice, then there is no possible reason to believe that any of the Redden, Gomez, Drury, or Kotalik signings were good ideas. You literally have to make a concerted effort to not watch footage of Redden to believe that that made sense.

Gaborik isn't as bad a signing as any of those players, but again, if you're going to spend money, make it count. Get the right guys. Can you imagine our team if we had Kovalchuk instead of Gaborik? It wouldn't have hampered our ability to get Richards. Heck, we'd have an extra million in cap space.
I loathed those signings (minus Gaborik's) as much as anyone. But in your earlier post it sounded like you were criticizing Sather for using his capital advantage to land a player, but when you brought up Kovalchuk, I thought it was sending mixed signals, because that's a player demanded a ludicrous contract that only a handful of teams in the league could have afforded. I'm glad we didn't land Kovalchuk given the nature of his demands, I think he's a self-centered primadonna. I look forward to defeating him and the Devils in the coming years. Rangers > Devils, both now and in the coming years.

Last edited by wolfgaze: 07-02-2011 at 01:24 PM.
wolfgaze is online now   Reply With Quote