View Single Post
Old
07-02-2011, 02:49 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
I'm criticizing Sather for not even being able to use his capital advantage properly much of the time. And if you want to dislike Kovalchuk for being a self-centered primadonna, then you surely must hold similar sentiments toward Jagr.
I have mixed feelings about Jagr for sure... I respect how he performed for the Rangers and helped re-shape our team, but I can't say he was ever one of my favorite players, and I sometimes question his actions in terms of the business end of things... Definitely not a team-oriented type of guy.

Quote:
I also hope that we crush the Devils, but that won't change my opinion about Kovalchuk being a much better player than Gaborik. Gaborik is a smallish, one-dimensional player who has trouble generating offense all on his own. Kovalchuk is a big, strong, bull of a player that can beat almost any player in the NHL in a one-on-one situation and can score 40 goals regardless of style of play or strength of linemates. He has a slapper, he has a wrister, he has a killer one-timer. He can beat you in a lot more ways than Gaborik can, and he's a lot harder to get off the puck. He's also much less of a concern, in terms of injury history.
Kovalchuk is better than Gaborik no doubt, but there is no guarantee he even would have signed here had we not signed Gaborik.... You think Sather would have offered a 17 year deal to get him his $100 mil? I don't.... Also, can't imagine Kovalchuk would have wanted to share a lockerroom with Sean Avery and I especially can't imagine he would have wanted to play for a coach like Tortorella who would be ripping him on the bench when he inevitably misses his defensive coverages.

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote