View Single Post
Old
07-02-2011, 04:46 PM
OpenWheel

vCash: 500
Let's be honest. Of course we're going to struggle for offense.

But I don't think we'll be worse . Several young guys could improve. Tootoo is a marginal third liner or good fourth liner. 18 points yes, but obviously he's better offensively than a few years ago. 7 of the 18 points came in the last 7 games. And 6 points in the playoffs including one nice game winning assist to Smithson. Fisher had surgery and he looked good in our system so if he's healthy we are better. Wilson has hit a wall each of the last two seasons, hopefully that will be better.

Losing Goc is a blow. But less so if Fisher plays well, and if O'Reilly gets a little better. And as usual, we need Erat and Legwand to stay healthy. I'm assuming Kostitsyn signs and I see no reason for him not be just as good with another year in the system. Maybe Hornqvist will score a few more.

I really think we'll score more goals with who we have. Feel reasonably confident of that. Whether it will be enough, I don't know, probably be marginal as usual.

On a different topic... I think we get nothing for Sulzer's time with the Panthers. As they chose not to sign him and the 7th round pick was conditional on a re-sign. Not much diference between a 7th and nothing I suppose.

Last edited by OpenWheel: 07-02-2011 at 04:53 PM.