View Single Post
Old
07-02-2011, 08:19 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
GAGNE: “Well, if you look at the last two years, they’re a really good team. They’re a young team, but at the same time those guys play like veterans already. If you look at the teams that have won Stanley Cups, it’s not like it used to be 10 years now. Now, it doesn’t matter if you’re 21 years old. Those guys play like superstars already. You look at Chicago and Pittsburgh, when they won Cups they were really young teams. So you don’t have to look, anymore, for just a team with veterans. You can look at teams that are young but already good, and they might need help from veterans a little bit, in having guys like myself and Mike Richards, to get to the next level. You look at last year in the playoffs. They played a really good team in San Jose, and they got really close to beating them. It was good experience for those young guys. My priority was to sign with a team that is going to be able to go to the playoffs. I know, with my experience, that it doesn’t matter whether you’re starting in first place or you end up eighth, everybody has the same chance at that time. I know that the Kings are going to be a team to put themselves in a playoff spot, and from that point on, you never know what can happen. I believe that the Kings are just getting better and better every year, and those young guys are just getting better and better too. So that’s why, when I had some choices between teams, that the Kings were at the top of the list, because they’re a team where I know good stuff is going to happen for the next two years.

http://lakingsinsider.com/2011/07/02...gs/#more-15435

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote