View Single Post
Old
07-02-2011, 10:04 PM
IdealisticSniper

vCash: 500
Let me help you guys with some quick stuff on Mike Smith.

When we first got Smith he was on a torrid pace and was playing amazing. Literally All-Star caliber for about 45 games or so. Then Prospal effectively ended his chance to become an "elite" goalie by kneeing him in the head and giving him his first concussion.

Smith has never been the same.

There was a point where there was a stretch of about a month where he looked to be back on track. We were all getting excited. Then he got hurt again. After that hes been very inconsistent and pretty much a mental case.

Bottom line is Mike Smith can sometimes look like a world beater. But just when you think hes "back to form", he becomes the guy everyone in the world can beat.

Hes a great guy, great locker room guy, very very funny personality. He will steal a few games for you, and he handles the puck very very well but that is sometimes his downfall as well.

I wish him the best, but I dont see him as any type of real solution for anyones number one goalie problems.

Here is a vid of a way too common occurrence when Smith thinks he can handle everything himself.

Good luck guys.

IdealisticSniper is offline   Reply With Quote