Thread: Speculation: Who Plays Left Wing???
View Single Post
Old
07-02-2011, 11:22 PM
Ollie Queen
After 5 years...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
Unfortunately for Clowe, I have put it on the trade section, Sharks fans would want Staal. Which I find absolutely ridiculous, but I think Clowe would be THE perfect player on that LW spot.
What Sharks fans want and what actually happens between GMs are completely unrelated. Fans ALWAYS overvalue their own players. Look at the recent Campbell to Florida rumor thread. Someone suggested it would be Campbell for Olesz straight up and about a dozen Hawks fans laughed in his face and talked about how, even though Campbell has a big contract, he's still way more valuable than an overpaid complete bust like Olesz, especially to a team like Florida that needs to reach the cap floor. Two days later, Campbell was traded straight up for Olesz. I've learned that gauging a players value based on fans of that players team is absolutely USELESS. You're better off looking into the players production, style, intangibles, contract and age yourself and trying to come to a logical conclusion yourself. Fans always over value their own players. Always.

Ollie Queen is offline   Reply With Quote