View Single Post
Old
10-20-2003, 08:31 AM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
Good Bergeron story from K-Lowe

I noticed the Semenov thread has become a Bergeron thread so I thought I'd start a new Bergy one.

At the UofA game I spent two periods in the press box with Bryn Griffiths, Bob Stauffer and Kevin Lowe. The four of us talked, well I did a lot more listening than anything else, but K-Lowe recounted a pretty good story about how he first became to like Bergy.

As he told it... Kevin Prendergast insisted that he go see Bergeron play. I don't recall where it was or who it was against but that's not important to the story.

During this game, Bergeron and this massive guy form the other team had been picking at each other the whole game and it was clear that the other guy wanted to go, but there was a MAJOR weight difference and even Bergy knows his limits. So there's a faceoff in Bergy's own end and they line up across from each other (the guy was a winger) and they start jostling. The other guy sloo foots Bergy or something like that and really wants to get something going. Rather than drop the gloves and probably loose a lopsided scrap, Bergy gets another idea.

As soon as the puck drops, Bergy stomps on the guys stick blade and breaks it so he has to go back to the bench and is out of the play... Lowe says he loved the guy from that point on.