View Single Post
Old
10-20-2003, 07:42 AM
Teezax

vCash: 500
I'm not saying Cechmanek was the main reason we were ousted from the playoffs, but like Flyers26 said, if he could have shown up for a couple of games or make some big saves we could have probably been in that series longer than we were. Games 1 & 6 against Ottawa were a joke, and so were half the games against TO. Everyone thinks Hackett is a downgrade, and I don't think iot's because of his play, moreso because of his age and injury history. When this guy is on and healthy, he will always get the better of Roman Cechmanek. I mean come on, this guy was the subject of abuse for all the commentators of the league, all I kept hearing was "his unorthodox style" of course it was unorthodox, all he did was flop around like a fish out of water. He couldn't cover the whole bottom of the net, he came way too out, he couldn't play the puck, if this guy were in a team like Pittsburgh, oh man, i don't think his GAA would be under 4.00. That's the difference, he's a joke, I lost total respect for him when he skated off the ice with a couple of seconds left in the period. He doesn't deserve my support. This will likely be his last season with LA.