Thread: Speculation: Rumors From Non-Credible Sources
View Single Post
Old
07-03-2011, 10:35 AM
shutehinside

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoozy View Post
Well, look at it this way...say GIO and MAXPAX can pot 25 each...so basically you would assume Gomez would be part of most of those right?? - a few on PP or assists from D-men...but lets say, he could have at least 50...so that is ok..

I mean I do not mind Gomer...I think he is good..the only 2 issues I have is the

1. his figure skating in the D zone to gather speed
2. his sneaky smurk on his face..he gets us in trouble when he does that

So if he would shoot more and crash the net a little more this year..I can say he will hit 60..I will even go on a limb here and say ..he will hit 70..
If Gomez does hit 50,60 or 70 points it'll be on the backs of MaxPac and Gio and not due to his skill set. More clearly, a lot of other, cheaper centers can accomplish the same thing with those line mates. A 1st line centre need to do more than just score points such as play defense against the other teams top lines. Last year Gomez showed he wasn't capable of that and that's a bigger worry to me than scoring points.
Think back to how many times he was the main culprit to a goal against due to not back checking, blowing his coverage or just not competing for the puck. It was extremely apparent in the POs and a large reason we lost to Boston IMO. Wasn't he -4 in a game or two at a time when we needed him most? Thats unacceptable, especially from the top centre, highest paid and supposed team leader. I'm sure he can have a better next season but at this point it's about more than that IMO.