View Single Post
Old
07-03-2011, 02:57 PM
philer Bozel
It's Playoff Time!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldo Ronaldo View Post
Everyone is talking about Kadri as a centre. Last year at least, they seemed to be giving up on that in favour of left wing - right?

This thread makes me wonder if we need a definitions section for "first line centre".
I am inclined to believe there actually aren't all that many

around and that lots of teams including the Leafs don't have one but are still successful.

Don't forget, Grabo wasn't Burke's acquisition but he was the one to sign him. I think he likes Grabo just fine.

Nobody likes to admit it (including me) but if all this "first line centre" talk is caused by Kessel's needs then he sure as heck isn't the kind of player Burke must have thought he was in basically mortgaging the entire future for him. Other wingers have done just fine without dynamo centres (Rick Nash, Jarome Iginla come to mind).

I wasn't crazy about Burke and I'm still not. It is hard to see the top six bottom six philosophy being executed properly in Toronto. By the way, I think it's a very difficult sort of programme to implement anyway. Toronto would've been way further off going with a puck possession style given their playersand the way they play.
Actually kessel has scored 30 goals twice with the leafs playing with some trash players i like bozak and still thinnks hes a good player but didn't kessel play with crabb for a while.... i cant really expect him to play to his full potential whens hes playing with guys 5 skill levels under him

philer Bozel is offline   Reply With Quote