View Single Post
Old
07-03-2011, 07:13 PM
BigBrown
They did it again!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
I'm sorry but I'm really going to be that guy....

Is no one else worried about the bottom 6? I really think we are just that ONE person away from really having "the team" to beat. I don't know what it is. I just think we need a 3rd line RWer.

Oh and I also don't see Parse playing for us much, if at all. IMHO he either plays in the AHL, gets top 6 minutes due to injury, or gets traded.
I'm with ya. I made a fairly large post regarding the bottom six in the previous Roster Thoughts thread, but I guess it got lost once the new thread started. Basically I think we upgraded in bottom six skill but we're MUCH smaller, less gritty and less experienced. I'll post it again:

We're obviously quite content with our top six forwards, how do we feel about our bottom six?

Basically we got (just as an example):

Clifford-Stoll-Parse
Richardson-Lewis-Westgarth
Fraser

We know that Murray will likely play Westgarth for at least 50 games. I guess Loktionov could be in there somewhere as well, or some other Manchester kid. Not a lot of size, not a lot of grit, not a lot of scoring in my opinion.

Compare it to:

Ponikarovsky-Handzus-Simmonds
Clifford-Lewis-Westgarth
Richardson

from last season.. I definitely think we took a hit in the bottom six. I wouldn't change anything obviously, our team overall is clearly better, but I think we might need a boost in bottom six size/grit/scoring. Easier said than done, obviously. How do you feel about it? Confident?

Anyone still out there who could provide that boost?