View Single Post
Old
10-20-2003, 09:07 AM
Fletch

vCash: 500
Shapa...

quick background...tore my knee in '86...knee swelled to the size larger than a grapefruit...doc said it was a meniscus tear, no surgery needed (being 17 and strong, etc.). Had a similar type of tear 5-6 times more since then, the last being 10 years ago, never going to the doctor thinking I knew it all. Since the first tear there's been discomfort. Feels like two bones rubbing on each other. Occasionally it buckles, resulting in me sometimes falling. There also feels as though there's something missing in there and there's some movement in there (doesn't seem steady). There is pain with almost every step. Strange thing is that I can go to the gym today, run 3 miles, ride the bike for 15 minutes, and squat 315 pounds 10 times. After all this, I decided to get it checked out by the doctor who initially thought it felt fine but suggested I get an MRI to be sure. And here I am.... Hope that helps a bit. Chances are, and I ain't no doctor, there may not be anything seriously wrong, but it may not hurt to get checked out. Even a little meniscus tear can lead to worse things along the way (as you see me here 17 years later).

And I hope your situation is different Servo..the MRI did reveal a partial ACL tear, but we won't know the extent to which it is torn until it's scoped (and I'll find out about the whole kneecap issue).

I understand every recovery's different and I'm going through with the surgery no matter what, but I was just trying to get a sense of what others' experience(s) were out there. Depressing that my dog won't get a walk for a while though. She's gonna kill me.