View Single Post
Old
10-20-2003, 09:30 AM
capn89*

vCash: 500
I don't like Chechmanek, I never did, and I never will. I'm still a huge Brian Boucher fan, but I think his career has been ruined by the shaft that Clarke gave him. The general fact is, Boucher literally put the team on his back and took the Flyers farther than they've been since 96. In that fateful season when the Flyers went to the conference finals and were up 3-1 against NJ in the series, Boucher took the team there. They weren't scoring & Boosh was keeping things possible. He made save after save, even saves he shouldn't have, and he was VERY sound positionally.

People talk about the "highlight reel" saves that Roman makes, but 90% of the time it's only because he's always out of position. I think with a couple more years with the Flyers that Boucher would have developed into an amazing netminder, but instead Clarke goes for the flash of another "big man." If Chechmanek wasn't so big, he wouldn't make half the saves he does.

And it's true, his numbers were only the result of great team defense... Hackett has played 3 games, and has 2 shutouts already? Team D, all the way.