Place: Mellon Arena
Time: 7:38 PM

Team Records:

Carolina: 0-2-2-0, 2 points
Pittsburgh: 1-2-1-0, 3 points

Team Leaders:

Carolina:
Goals: Erik Cole (2)
Assists: Erik Cole, Rod Brind'Amour, Sean Hill (2)
Plus/Minus: Bret Hedican (+3)
Penalty Minutes: Craig Adams (11)
Shots on goal: Radim Vrbata (15)
Average time on ice: Danny Markov (26:09)
Wins: Kevin Weekes, Jamie Storr (0)
Save Percentage: Kevin Weekes (91.6%)
Goals Against Average: Kevin Weekes (1.94)

Pittsburgh:
Goals: Rico Fata and Aleksey Morozov (2)
Assists: Mario Lemieux (3)
Plus/Minus: Josef Melichar, Ryan Malone, Konstantin Koltsov (+1)
Penalty Minutes: Brooks Orpik (32)
Shots on goal: Konstantin Koltsov (10)
Average time on ice: Mario Lemieux (23:27)
Wins: Marc-Andre Fleury (1)
Save Percentage: Marc-Andre Fleury (93.9%)
Goals Against Average: Marc-Andre Fleury (2.52)

On the Hurricanes: They have played pretty well in all four of their games, they are simply not getting results. Guys are getting the opportunities, but the puck is not going in the net. Goaltender Kevin Weekes has picked up where he left of last season and has played stellar. He has given them a chance to win in each game. The defense was shaky at first, but seems to be coming together as a unit. Danny Markov is leading the way, and is really playing quite well. The forwards have been the weakness. The line of Vasicek-Brind'Amour-Cole was dominant in the first three games. Played very well as a line and was responsible for what little scoring the team produced. Francis and O'Neill have yet to show up in the box score. Same with young sniper Radim Vrbata and the electric Eric Staal. The lines for Carolina's last game were completely changed around. Francis and O'Neill were split up, the VBC line was split up, and Staal was playing with enforcers Jesse Boulerice and Joey Tetarenko. I think the lines will change again for the game in Pittsburgh. Hopefully back to where they were at in the first three. We'll probably see Jaroslav Svoboda back in the lineup, at the expense of either Boulerice or Tetarenko. All in all, the effort is there for the Hurricanes. It's only a matter of time until they pick it up.

As for the Penguins... Dan Focht is undergoing tests to see if he shows any symptoms of a concussion. That hit from behind was pretty nasty. As someone said in another thread, it was a bit scary to see Focht lying there out cold. I think Abid has earned his spot on the team for the time being. But I can't say the same for Milan Kraft. Has it been stated who will start for the Penguins? Who would you guys like to see in net? I think the lines have been playing pretty well. I'd like to see them stay as they are for now.