View Single Post
Old
07-04-2011, 12:01 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by angry pirate View Post
Iíve on more than one occasion read on here how the Canadiens lack top 6 star prospects. While I wonít disagree that we do not have a Hall, Seguin, Nugent-Hopkins, canít miss labeled player, we do have offensive prospects in the system. Propects more than capable of at the very minimum, second line production. Iíve also seen an increasing sediment that by not drafting star potential forwards, Habs management is taking the offense towards disastrous territory. In actuality they are maintaining a healthy balance between the real top six vs the potential top six, while also maintaining out depth elsewhere. I believe everyone can agree it takes more than two lines to be a championship contender.

The real top six: Arguably consisting of Gionta (3 more years), Gomez (3 more years), Cammalleri (3 more years), Plekanec (5 more years), Cole (4 more years), and Pacioretty (2 more years RFA). Theoretically the Habs are three full seasons away from making any major changes to our top 6. three is the Habs magic number. Itís in three seasons that they potentially lose three players for nothing in return. Itís for the 2014 season that management will need to have replacements not only in the system, but ready to step into the role.
I was just thinking about this. And assuming Eller is ready to take over for Gomez in a year, doesn't look bad at all. While we might not have a true #1 line, those are 2 legit scoring lines...

hogtownhabsfan* is online now   Reply With Quote