View Single Post
Old
07-04-2011, 12:45 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
i love everyone saying "OMG we have no defensive forwards there is no way we can win that is what we need to win!" Last year it was "OMG we have no goalie that is the only thing that matters!" We basically traded defensive forwards for a goalie, and while Richards is one of the best in the game, Carter wasn't all that great. He wasn't bad, but I don't see him in the running for a Selke any time soon.

While I agree this team does lack an elite defensive forward that can matchup with the Crosbys and Malkins of the world, but we now have Bryz and the same defense as last year. I'm not saying that is a better formula than no goalie and great defensive forwards, but the fact that we lost Richards and Carter does not mean all of the sudden this team is going to be overmatched every time someone with good hands gets on the ice. We still have Pronger, Timonen, etc and we now have Bryzgalov in net. So yeah, maybe Crosby and Malkin and others will be able to control the game a little more against the Flyers this season, Bryzgalov will be able to (or should be able to) stop excess shots and chances that are created by the lack of the defensive forwards.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote