View Single Post
Old
07-04-2011, 02:24 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

vCash: 500
I was on the job site and had the radio on in my truck when the news finally went down. I just thought we had won the cup. That was how happy at the time I was having followed his career in junior. Yea there were whispers even back then about his family and how he would "occasionally" disappear during a game. A very good friend of mine played professionally in the Dakota's and he had a lot of connections and ties with people in Canada who just despised Lindros. Needless to say he and I had some heavy arguments over the years about 88. And I have to admit he was right about on just about everything. That being said when the deal went down I was happy that we did not move Rod and put in Peter instead. I was and still am a hockey nut and anyone who knew that Peter was going to be that good is full of crap. Period. I have followed the draft since the early 70's and always kept the draft Preview from the Hockey News.(Back then it was a great paper) The year Peter was drafted where his picture went the box was blank. He was rated a 2nd pick by them. The guy I did not want to see go was Mike Ricci. Yes back then the only way you got any info was the Hockey News, TV, Radio or connections at the Spectrum. Anyway,I have six jersey's. Three are Flyers and one of them is 88. The other two are 16's. One Blazer for Bernie and a Blackhawk and Montreal both aways. Redmond and Lafluer which I brought at Doug Laurie's shop in Toronto when me and my pals would make our annual run up there in my buddies VW camper van

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote