View Single Post
Old
07-04-2011, 02:25 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Honestly, as of right now, I'm very optimistic. Barring any major injuries or unforeseen moves by our competition, I have the Rangers finishing 3rd. I think adding BR, plus a return to form by Gabby, plus - most importantly - continued progression from the kids can get us there.

I can see that happening. I voted 4-7 only because we can't be sure that Brad returns to form and none of the kids mess up.

But if Gabby returns to his 40-goal form, MDZ is back to scoring 40 points, McDonagh and Sauer continue their good work and Erixon joins them, and obviously Lundqvist keeps it up, the Rangers should be a very dangerous team.

Last season, the Rangers were only 16 goals away from Goals For - Goals Against. A few more goals would've made a big difference in the standings.

If Brad works out, he can make a difference of 25-30 goals, not just by adding more goals over whoever he replaces, but also by getting Gabby back to 40 goals and the first line LW to score an extra few goals. Plus, MDZ could add a few goals if he returns to form. Together, they could add 30-35 goals, which would make the Rangers one of the top scoring teams in the NHL in addition to already being one of the top defensive teams.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote