View Single Post
Old
07-04-2011, 03:11 PM
Swiper the Fox

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipadelphia View Post
I don't know. I would say maybe.

The loss of Richards hurts in the playoffs.

Carter... not so much because he has been largely a non factor the last 2 years for one reason or another. Regardless of injury, broken feet, being Houdini: we never really relied on Jeff Carter the last 2 post seasons and we got to the SCF and the ECS. It was a major plus when he was able to contribute, but he was never really able to for one reason or another. So what I am saying is that it's easier to replace a guy who was never really there (Carter), however it will be more difficult to replace what Richards brought to the table.
We made it to the Stanley Cup playoffs by winning in a shootout
had we not won in that shoot out......... we would never had an unbelievable run to the finals and the team could have been ripped apart by the seams that year, instead of this year.

last year, we did way better in regular season, and barely got past the first round and got hosed in 2nd

Having said that now: is this team we have now any better or worse than what we've had over past 2 yrs.
I'd say , with what we lost and what we gained , we will be a much better team

i predict a 94-101 point regular season
playoff run = probably pretty far, but that is dependant on injuries going into it.
but like we saw from our team which barely made it into the post-season 2 years ago, ANYTHING can happen in the playoffs, just need to ensure we get a spot there. (which i don't think should be very difficult)

Swiper the Fox is offline   Reply With Quote