View Single Post
Old
07-04-2011, 03:22 PM
dookie88

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxo View Post
From my research and reading around MR isn't considered a top end faceoff guy. Infact, judging from philly fan commets faceoff's were something he sometimes struggled at.

So I'm curious why or from where you hear MR is a top en faceoff guy
Richards isn't great on face-offs, but no liability either.
He's decent, but one thing I noticed is that he usually wins the FOs in his own zone, especially at crucial times in the game, which is really all you can ask for.

I agree with MsWoof that he's awesome on the point.
In my mind, this is where he is at his best what offense concerns, he's unbelievable with the slap-passes, makes some good plays from up there and has a really good, albeit underrated shot.

I frankly don't know how good Scuderi, Green, Drewiske or Mitchell are at the points or who else plays there outside of Stoll, Doughty and Johnson, but since all of those guys (the earlier four) are rather defensive minded I could really see Doughty-Richards and Stoll-Johnson on the points, with any combination of Penner, Kopitar, Gagne, Williams, Brown and someone else down low.
Stoll could take the faceoff and then slide back to the point, when Kopitar isn't out on the ice.
Lombardi should go after another capable guy, this team would be tough tough to beat.

dookie88 is offline   Reply With Quote