Thread: Value of: Dubinsky to Vancouver
View Single Post
Old
07-04-2011, 05:08 PM
ice8eight

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukSOGoal View Post
Then who else do the Rangers trade Dubinsky for on the Canucks? The Rangers won't trade him for prospects, and Vancouver won't trade a better player for him.

Contender trading with contender, no matter how SC ready they are, hardly ever match well. Now if one team was rebuilding, it would make sense. The Rangers are an up and coming contender, they have the prospects, the defense, the goalie and the center, they just need a year or two to develop guys like Stepan, Anisimov, Sauer, McDonagh, etc, otherwise, the Rangers are not rebuilding and have no reason to delay the process.

If Vancouver is so concerned about getting a gritty powerforward type, then look for one on a rebuilding team, not another contender.
I only replied due to the fact that some people here on this thread thinks its Kesler that must be traded to get Dubinsky. He is a great player but not at the cost of Kesler. I'd understand if they are asking for Edler or ++.

On a side note, I think the Rangers are a player or 2 away from being a SC contender. Richards is a great upgrade but not fully convinced they can do it. IMO

ice8eight is offline   Reply With Quote