View Single Post
Old
07-04-2011, 05:37 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Montreal was completely outclassed by our sisters in that series. Leighton stole jack in that series. Biron stole the previous series against Montreal.
Granted the entire team played in control, I will not take that way from them... but a goalie can luck out in games throughout the season and stumble upon a shutout from time to time -- except Bob, apparently -- but IMO a goalie cannot luck out three shutouts over five games without being at least a little in a 'zone'... and certainly no against one team in a postseason game... and a team that was playing very well coming in.

I will be the first to say that Leighton was a deserving goat in the Flyers not winning the Cup last year... but in that brief snapshot in the season I cannot deny he played well.

I understand how saying he 'stole' the series is finding objections since the game played well... but if we are to put horns on him for the Hawks series I think it only fair to credit him for three shutouts and getting the Flyers to the SCF in decent shape and health after a short Conference Final Round.

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote