Looking for a new stick!
View Single Post
07-04-2011, 05:50 PM
Join Date: Jul 2007
In terms of good sticks that can be had for a decent bit less than the real top of the line sticks:
- Older Warrior Dolomites are on sale, awesome sticks (the ones with the dragon graphic)
- Easton SE16s are on sale too, great sticks too
- I've seen quite a few Bauer X50s on sale too, also great sticks
- For more mid-range sticks, I like the Bauer one80
- People seem to be liking the Sherwood T90, it's their top of the line stick but is still cheap, around $130. Haven't used it myself though
The Crazy Ovie curve is, well, crazy, it's basically his actual curve. A lot, and I mean a lot of people are gonna have trouble with it. I personally have experimented with open toe curves, but I shoot much, MUCH better with mid and heel curves, like the Easton Drury (or clones), Easton Sakic (or clones), Bauer P106, Bauer P88, etc. Really depends on your technique, what curve do you shoot best with now? If you have trouble keeping your shots down I would stay far, far away from the crazy ovie.
Rbk make good sticks too, but from what I've seen the blades seem to have some durability issues (seen quite a few teammates Rbk blades fall apart at the toe, at least on mid range, older models), and they seem to run a bit stiffer than advertised too IMO.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by ponder