View Single Post
Old
07-04-2011, 06:12 PM
Law

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Law

Still not sold on them for the playoffs, but a potent regular season team and adding Vokoun for peanuts and getting a 1st and 2nd for Varlamov convinces me that George McPhee has pictures of people in uncompromising situations or something.

Health is the only thing holding them back next season.

I'm anticipating a little bit of a SC hangover, but not enough to severely derail things up in Beantown.

I see them fighting it out with WAS for the top seed in the conference, but WAS looks a little stronger on paper right. If for apocalyptic reason Stamkos isn't signed, I reserve the right to slide them the f-ck down the standings on principle alone.

"Washington got Vokoun for what?!" -Homgren

Don't like what 'they' (read Snider) did this offseason so far, but still a strong team.

Billionaire owner going on a spending spree in his first year at the helm. Hmm, this sounds familiar. I only pray he doesn't decide he wants to develop the land around the HSBC arena...

Healthy Parise is a huge boost. Is Brodeur a question mark yet?

Richards should really help that PP and any team with Lundqvist in net will compete for a spot.

Just picking them to miss the playoffs may lead to rioting. Cole will a target of the fans by midseason, overpaid for his services.

Think Carolina, Montreal, and the Rangers will battle for the final spot until the last week of the season, think Carolina falls a little short.

Didn't address our top needs yet (top 4 D, top 6 forward) and as usual, the goalie situation is up in the air.

Like Riemer a lot, but doesn't feel like a playoff team yet.

A real wild card. Lots of new pieces, chemistry could be an issue early on, but could make some noise eventually. Regardless, I think all those signings were to get to the cap floor without having to rush any of their prospects this year. Bad contracts all around, but smart strategy overall.

I think they ride the wave of emotion and get off to a really good start, but come back to earth eventually and settle into a lottery position by season's end.

Still in re-building mode.

Last edited by Law: 07-04-2011 at 06:36 PM.
Law is offline   Reply With Quote