View Single Post
Old
07-04-2011, 06:26 PM
mikedifr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
You're absolutely right, it is a useful stat when contextualized. Which is exactly what I said when I replied to the poster who used +/- to support his argument. And there are others that show he is a good defender. And I never said he wasn't good. What I said was that he isn't some amazing defender that will leave this team crippled without him. His scoring will be missed more than his defense. And his defense will not be missed all that much. I'm not really knocking him as a defender. I said from the first post that he isn't bad. The crux of my argument is that his departure from the team will not really be a factor for this team's demise in the playoffs next season, at least not defensively.

If a Philadelphia Flyer, any Philadelphia Flyer, shut down Crosby like that, it would be on YouTube. It's a highlight. You know what would be harder to find than a good defensive clip? A bad defensive clip. Not just of Carter but of anyone. YouTube is filled with highlight clips. I could probably find a SportsCenter worthy play of any player on YouTube.
Giroux and JVR will miss his defense big time when they have Jagr on that RW.

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote