Thread: Expectations
View Single Post
Old
07-04-2011, 06:57 PM
broadwayblue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
With BR, with the kids being a year older while most of them are pretty cheap we will have a really deep team with a lot of strong attributes.

I think it's up to Torts to at get us at worst a top 4 position. At worst. And that's only because a healthy Pitt team might be he best in the league and it shouldnt be reasonable to demand that we compete with them if they fire on all cylinders.

4th -- Ok.
5th -- Sure we could live with that, but this is a Torts team, if it can't even get homeice, things do not look good.
6th -- Unacceptble. A joke.
While you have a right to want greatness, you can't expect that we're simply going to move up 3 or 4 spots in the standings because we added one player. I believe we are likely a 4-6 seed, but the difference is often so slim I think it's foolish to believe that 4th place is acceptable and 6th isn't. I mean look at the west this year...are you really saying that Anaheim's 99 point 4th place finish is really that much better than Nashville's 99 point 6th place finish?

The way I see it we didn't make the playoffs 2 seasons ago...this year we barely made it. If we can move up to 6th next season that's an acceptable year, and if we can knock off the 3 seed it's a great year. Would I love to win the division and run the table...of course. Could it happen...sure. But let's be realistic...this is still a young team with limited playoff experience. Rome wasn't built in a day.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote