View Single Post
Old
07-04-2011, 11:44 PM
svartgul
Hata Löven

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to svartgul Send a message via MSN to svartgul Send a message via Skype™ to svartgul
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger de FLA View Post
Going from so many different countries would just be more of a nuisance. Wouldn't they have to go through customs?
Dude, No TSA The air-travel in the US approaching DDR type levels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Four3 View Post
The one country where going through customs is a hassle is Russia but when it comes to the KHL teams, they are very lax in that regard.
Putin was recently in Sweden and proclaimed they would change regulations so Swedes would be able to travel to Russia without applying for a visa in advance. I don't think that is related to KHL or hockey in general but it would certainly be favorable if a Swedish club should join.

Btw and Off topic, Inside Scandinavia you don't even have to use a passport to travel between our countries. I wonder what Arizona legislators would say about that

I don't think the KHL is such a big threat, the league is run by Russians, they can't run a business successfully and they make up the rules as they go. All you hear from Swedish players that have played there are horror stories, they have no security AT ALL it's just chaos and the chaos are temporarilly fixed by throwing rubels at the problem. The only upside is the money. The only Swedish players that have good stories about the KHL are the ones currently signed to a KHL team.

There is no chance in hell Swedish teams are getting involved in their league as it looks right now, it would first have to become a real European league with actual rules and regulations not just run by billionaires who decide everything on a whim and I wonder how financially secure the whole thing is. Scandinavian politics, financial and general social security clashes with how the KHL is run on like a thousand levels and I don't think a cooperation is possible at all.

A future European-wide league which would in any way threaten the NHL long term would have to be rooted in Scandinavia and include Swiss and German major clubs as it's core.

svartgul is offline   Reply With Quote