View Single Post
Old
07-04-2011, 11:52 PM
Wetcoaster

vCash: 500
Here is a feature article on Steve Pinizzotto - he sees himself as a pest and agitator and plays like Brad Marchand although he is considerably bigger.

The Canucks were in a bidding war with 7 other NHL clubs for his services and he is going to get a shot at making the NHL roster.

Brings some grit, toughness and physicality but has also shown good hands with good wheels.
“I played against (Marchand) in the American League. He’s not a fun guy to play against but you can ask anybody in that league and they’ll probably say the same thing about me. I feel that helped Boston out a lot, just him doing that, getting the high-end guys off their game. We have very similar styles. But I think I can be a lot more physical than him.”

At 6-foot-1, 195 pounds, Pinizzotto is a couple of sizes bigger than the 5-foot-9, 180-pound Marchand and he doesn’t mind initiating.

“I’m not going to be a team’s heavyweight — that’s not what I do — but I definitely like to help the boys out,” said Pinizzotto. “I understand I need to fill a void. I like to get the crowd going. I’m not going to go in there and score 30 goals, but I’ll be a big energy guy. That’s what they want.”

Canucks assistant GM Lorne Henning said Pinizzotto has been on the Canucks’ AHL radar for two or three years.

“He’s a great skater, takes the body, goes to the net hard, great hands,” said Henning. “Every time we go watch him play he always sticks out. He makes things happen and guys don’t like playing against him. He’s been one of those guys who’s been knocking at the door and deserves a chance and he’s going to get a chance with us.”
http://www.theprovince.com/sports/Pi...#ixzz1RCf7MqvA

Wetcoaster is offline   Reply With Quote