Old
07-05-2011, 12:09 AM
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobo View Post
No one has been which is nice.

Ya, I wouldn't give up our 1st unless we got yours in return somehow. What about Anisimov? Is he moveable? Similar offer is on the table, maybe Gagner + 2nd?
The Rangers organization thinks very highly of Anisimov. They consider him part of the "core" -- which actually has lead me to believe they wouldn't be opposed to moving Stepan for a bigger piece, like a #1 LW or a top pairing PMD, as I haven't seen them talk the same way about Derek -- but that's just speculation on my part. I doubt they move him.

I went a bit off topic there, but to answer your question, I don't think the Rangers would move Anisimov unless they were getting a potential/proven top-6 winger back+ or a premier puck moving defenseman to pair with Staal (obviously they would add to Anisimov). So, Ryan Whitney or Magnus Paajarvi+.

As said before, Gagner does absolutely nothing for this team, so he isn't a very attractive piece in any trade for one of the team's most important players. The most I personally would trade for Gagner is Erik Christensen and a 2nd, and with that package, the Oilers would be better off keeping Gagner considering their current center depth.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote