View Single Post
Old
09-13-2005, 03:01 AM
BuppY

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur
We play in a ball hockey league every Sunday, and I'm usually a goalie. Here are some things I notice:

- I (as well as every other goalie in my league) insist on using our ice hockey pads, which is overkill. So, a lot of times we can't control our rebounds as well. Plus a ball will inherently have a spin to it. Not that it's a different tactic from ice hockey, crash the net and find the loose garbage. I've had plenty of goals scored on me from non-threatening point shots where the ball just squirted out and somebody stuffed in a rebound.

- If you're on a breakaway, do a hop step to slow yourself down with about 20 feet to go. I've seen plenty of guys on a dead sprint to get a breakaway, but they never slow down when they try to make their move. Most of the time, they either get a weak shot or completely lose the ball when trying to make a deke. My buddy does a hop step once he gets into the clear, and then he does his deke.

- If you have the option to shoot or pass..........more than likely take the shot. Depending on the ball you're using, completing a saucer pass is harder with a ball, since most balls won't settle like a puck would.

You are correct Hop works great and helps you. What I do is coming on a break away full speed do the hop fake im a shoot it but pull it back if goalie commits Im a put it where it's open if he stays up and doesn't fall for it I quickly stickhandle like Im going across crease but before I finish going I put it five hole while he;s trying to cheat and stretch to go to the other side. If he however is very quick to come to the side im looking to finish I will pull the ball back n make him go down so I can put it over him. I like to play behind the net alot. I tend to score a lot of goals on rap arounds. I'm ver explosive and quick and fast. Im a good stickhandler, I have a decent wrist shot and I can also play the point I have a solid slap shot. I think playing behind the net especially in Ball Hockey throws the goalie off, he is totally confused when your behind the net. I find it very easy to score from behind the net. Watch out for the Turn around the slap shot, when a player turns around and fires a loose puck. It is a very difficult shot to stop. Good look buddy.