View Single Post
Old
07-05-2011, 07:39 AM
jrk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
Looking at Philadelphia, they dropped their top 2 centers because their 3rd and 4th best centres were both better than our best centre. Briere will benefit from getting top line ice time and Girouz has improved leaps and bounds every season in the league so far, so there is no reason to expect that to stop now. Bobrovski put up shiny numbers, but I would think most of that is because of the strong team in front of him. We saw the same from Varlamov. As soon as the team falters a little bit, they get lit up like the 4th of July (intentional reference). Bryzgalov is a proven workhorse who can stand carry a team on his own. Something Philly hasn't had since the 80s. When you factor in this, and consider that Philly was already miles ahead of us, you see that we are still far behind them.

I don't follow the Flyers as much as the habs bet let see how far are the Flyers are from us.

Lets start with Briere and Giroux currently listed as rw on nhl.com. Briere is 5.10, 179 pounds and has 33 years old. Giroux 5.11, 172 and 23. They were both playing last year top minutes with 2 big centers that aren't there anymore. Both Scott Gomez and Plekanec are now bigger then those 2. Granted they are litle better, but were playing with better players. I expect them to do worse this year considering the lost.

Scott Hartnell and James Van Riemsdyk are both great LW. I believe Cammalleri and Pacioretty can do as much as those 2 statwise. I give an advantage to the Flyers for the size.

Jagr and ?? will be on the right wing. Hard to say who will be the 2 rw. Voracek is the best probable guess followed by Simmonds. We have Cole, Gionta and Kostitsyn. They win again on the size, but I believe we have more experience here and about the same production in points.

I am not going to look into the last 5 fowards because it is too hard for me to evaluate the Flyers.

If we look at defense I will give a clear advantage to the Flyers if Pronger and Timmonen are good again this year. Age is the main concern at 37 and 36.

In the net Price is way better than Bryzgalov.

In other words they should be better then us again this year but they regressed at the front and defense could be worse then last year. I think they should finish 4th or 5th and expect us to finish 6th.

jrk is offline   Reply With Quote