View Single Post
Old
07-05-2011, 09:32 AM
Teufelsdreck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by angry pirate View Post
The Grass is greener argument just doesn't hold up. Dallas, Detroit, LA, Phoenix, San Jose, Nashville, Detroit, Chicago just to name a few Western teams who's offensive prospects are similar to ours. Most teams aren't stacked with these kinds of prospects, and very few have elite level talented offensive prospects waiting to emerge.

But that's my entire point! We haven't tried to avoid having it. We have Cammy and Gionta locked up for 3 more years. Pacioretty showed last season he's a top 6 player. Pleks is 1 season removed from a 70pt 25 goal season and we went out and snagged Erik Cole for 4 years.

We haven't drafted forwards because our top 6 is locked in until 2014. When those contracts Expire we will have 6-8 guys who will be in their development window for breaking into second line roles. We will only need 2 to 3 of them to make it. With another 18 Million in Cap space available. All assuming we don't resign any of those contracts. Still assuming that we don't draft a forward in the next season who isn't capable of stepping right in.

Do we have a "sexy" offensive prospect in our system. No. But we do have plenty of offensive prospects with upside to fill our needs in the top six when these contracts expire.
Would you forgive me if I said that that plenitude is not so apparent?

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote