View Single Post
Old
07-05-2011, 12:27 PM
iamitter
Thornton's Hen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
I can't blame Sather for signing Richards. I don't think I have to, most people in here seem ecstatic about the signing.

My view on it? Richards has a need to fill, sure. Like so many teams, we lack(ed) a #1 center. How well he does it, is a whole other thing. I don't see Richards as a team carrying type. He's not the key sort you win cups with, not if he's supposed to be on the front line. How is he going to gel with Gaborik? A comfort is, Torts knows exactly what he gets here. That's a big comfort actually, he should know how to put Richards in game situations where he excels. Very good cap hit considering he's UFA, bad years, but you always have to overpay somewhere for an UFA.

I'm hesitant about this signing. Did his concussion hamper his performance level? Carefully positive, you might say. I hope for the best, but expect the worst. But hey, it's not like I go over this thing, like I did with the Fumblez and Dreary signings. Richards is actually a legit 1st liner, that's a comfort.

Just don't hype the expectations on him into fantasy.
We already have a player who carries this team. I think this signing will just make his job easier, which is never a bad thing.

iamitter is offline   Reply With Quote