View Single Post
Old
07-05-2011, 02:03 PM
IslesBeBack*
NHL Free Agent

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle Junkie View Post
All depends on Wang. if insists DP is the goalie then no higher than 12th. If he recognizes that he's a broken man who shouldn't be playing a pro sport for a living, then they can finish as high as 7th assuming they get solid performance out of Montoya & Poulin.

I'll assume they do the right thing

Caps
Bruins
Pens
Lightning
Flyers
Canadiens
Islanders/Rangers
Rangers/Islanders

Devils
Leafs
Canes
Jets
Sens
Panthers
I would put all my years of watching hockey and my -somewhat- educated mind on the line in saying that there is 0 chance the Isles can finish ahead of all three of the Devils, Leafs, Canes. That is opportunist thinking at its highest. Canes have Ward, Staal and Skinner. You move them ahead of us on credibility alone. The Devils have a more experienced hockey organization surrounding what is an incredulous core moving forward.. so while they are nowhere near as strong as in years past, they are given the benefit of the doubt until it actually happens that they finish below us. Marty Broduer is certainly not what he used to be, but you can bank on him posting better numbers than all of our goaltenders combined.

We are Islander fans first, but second we are hockey fans.. and IMHO (at least), we should know that this is not happening.

IslesBeBack* is offline   Reply With Quote