Eastern Conference Standings Predictions 2011-2012
View Single Post
07-05-2011, 02:20 PM
Join Date: Jun 2007
-What they accomplished without Malkin-Crosby was impressive..If healthly 1st
- Something happens in the playoffs to this team but without an elite goalie they were 1st last year...I put Vokoun in or close to elite catagory.
- Didn't change a lot to there SC team and Thomas has been consistantly great for a few years now.
- Is Brad Richards and a healthy Gaborik worth 10 points in the standings? They were 10 points from 4th place last year with a horrible PP. Richards will help that and the Prust-Boyle-Rupp line will be very good for the rag$ (I hate them).
- Great job of re-signing Rollie, Stevie Y has shown he'll get what this team needs to win. (I think he rolls them out now and adds a piece at the trade deadline to get them into 5th.
- The additions they have made (while I don't agree with them money-wise) they will make this team very tough to deal with.
- I don't think they are as bad as they were at the beginning of last year. They still have Marty, some talent up fron and seem to figure it out without great talent on the back end.
- Tallon is an idiot with the spending habbits he has (long term killer) but I do think he's improved the team immediately. New players Upshall, Fleischman, Jovanoski, Theodore, Bergenheim and Versteeg are all going to help and of the teams left I think they have a shot at the playoffs. (This is my dark horse...."out of nowhoere" team)
Missing the playoffs:
- I just don't see it with this roster, if things change maybe we have a shot but as of right now...not stable in Goal and missing a top4 dman.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by CaptDenisPotvin